Documents You Need for Temporary Residence
If you qualify for the status of Temporary Residence you may also include your spouse and children on your application submission.
Documents You Need
- Police Record
- Letter to Director
- Evidence of Residence in Belize
- Evidence of Investment in Belize
You must submit a valid passport from your country of Citizenship.
You must submit a police record from your last country of residence
The police record is only valid for 6 months from the date of application.
Letter to Director
A letter to the Director of Nationality and Passports Department explaining your reason for requesting temporary residency in Belize must be submitted with your application.
Evidence of Residence in Belize
You must provide evidence that you have residence in Belize, in the form of
- rental or lease agreement and a utility bill; or
- property title and property tax assessment by municipal authority
Evidence of Investment in Belize
You must provide details and evidence of investments in Belize valued at not less than BZ$500,000.00 dollars.
The following documents must be provided
- title of real estate ownership
- business or personal bank statements
- company registration certificate or other certification showing your interest in a Corporate body as owner of the body or of a Majority or controlling interest
- Trade license
- Social security registration or card
- General sales tax returns
- Income tax returns