Qualifying criteria for migrants who are residing in Belize
- Registered as asylum seekers with the Department of Refugees (must have been registered before 31 March 2020).
- Residing in Belize before 31st December 2016.
- Have at least one (1) child born in Belize on or before 31st December 2021.
- Completed primary, secondary and or tertiary education in Belize.
- Married to a citizen of Belize for at least one (1) year.
- In common-law union with a citizen of Belize for at least five (5) years.
- Referrals by the Department of Human Services (minors/adolescence and victims of human trafficking).
- Maintained gainful employment in Belize for five (5) years.